21 March 2009

Obama's Metaphors

Usually, I'm not very "politically involved", but this really has more to do with the media than the actual politics. Obama has made two, shall we say, "unfortunate" metaphors in the last few days, one of which the media covered at great length, the other of which I had to search the 'net to be certain of its truth.

The link to the second one is at ABC News, in which our wonderful President Obama compares the banking industry to suicide bombers (think terrorists). Since when do we negotiate with terrorists??

The first metaphor was comparing his bowling skills to the special olympics. Since I am a good little monkey, and go to bed early, I missed this appearance on the Jay Leno show, but a quick search reveals no less than 900,000 results on the web, most with videos. The ABC news link? Third on the page, and the first two were not directly related to my search.

I dare you...try both of these searches and see what you get.

"Barack Obama" "Suicide Bombers"

"Barack Obama" "Jay Leno"

Oh, and by the way, he apologized for the Special Olympics remark, but has not yet (and I doubt if he will) apologized for using the bailout money to negotiate with terrorists.

No comments: